Quadratic Regression Calculator
To get the result, fill out the calculator form and press the Calculate button.
What is the Quadratic Regression?
Quadratic regression is a statistical technique used to find the equation of the parabola that best fits a set of data.
This type of regression is an extension of simple linear regression that is used to find the equation of the straight line that best fits a set of data.alt="standard deviaton" width="500" height="300">
How does Quadratic Regression Work?
Quadratic regression employs a quadratic equation to describe the connection between the
dependent and independent variables. This quadratic equation is a second-degree polynomial
expressed in the following form:
y = a + bx + cx2
- y is the dependent variable
- x is the independent variable
- a,b,c are the coefficients of the quadratic equation.
The objective of quadratic regression is to determine the optimal values of a, b, and c in order
to minimize the disparity between predicted y-values and the real y-values. This optimization is
achieved through a technique known as the least squares method, which entails minimizing the sum
of the squared deviations between the predicted and actual y-values.
- Standard Deviation Calculator
- Variance Calculator
- Mean Calculator
- Mode Calculator
- Median Calculator
- Arithmetic Mean Calculator
- Harmonic Mean Calculator
- Geometric Mean Calculator
- Mean Absolute Deviation Calculator
- Covariance Calculator
- Correlation Coefficient Calculator
- Sum of Squares Calculator
- Linear Regression Calculator
- Quartile Calculator
- Quadratic Regression
- Five Number Summary Calculator
- Expected Value Calculator
- Chebyshev's Theorem Calculator
- Sample Size Calculator
- Z Score Calculator
- T Test Calculator
- Probability Calculator
- Normal Distribution Calculator
- Confidence Interval Calculator
- Coefficient of Variation Calculator